This 7,000 s.f. brick Dutch Colonial house originally built in 1901 was completely gutted and renovated. Several alterations and modifications required removal and reconfiguration. The only rooms remaining in their original locations are the living room and dining room.
The front porch was in poor condition and was completely rebuilt with new limestone columns and balusters. The Gothic window surround on the third floor was replaced with limestone trim in lieu of brick and limestone.
A new stair hall was created from first to third floor including a dormer on the west side of the gambrel roof which floods the stair hall with natural light. The third floor which was originally one open finished attic space, was transformed into guest quarters and features two bedrooms, a study and three full baths.
An elevator serves all four floors. The family room features an antique wood mantel from the Palmer Potter Mansion. A new library features walnut paneling and bookshelves lining the entire room.
The rear yard incorporates an outdoor fireplace and a pergola connecting the existing garage to the rear entry of the house. It reuses the stone columns from the front porch which rest atop brick piers.
|Design Principal:||Ann Clark|
|Project Architect:||Lane Fowlie|
|Project Team:||Jacob Wahler, Patrick Johnson|
|General Contractor:||Level and Plumb Construction / NCA|
|Structural Engineer:||The Structural Shop|
|Landscape Design:||LML Estate Management|
|Interior Design:||Mark Losher|
|Photography:||Linda Oyama Bryan|